How to Determine Skin Tone
Your skin tone, also called undertone, is different from your skin tone, which is the undertone of your skin (light,
medium, dark). No matter how much sun you get, your undertone will stay the same, even if you’re pale in the winter and tan in the summer. Available in three different shades – Cool, Warm and Neutral. Knowing your
skin tone is helpful in so many ways – it can help you choose the right lipstick color, find out which
hair color flatters you the most, and know what colors to wear to really look like a bang. of thanks.
undertone 1. Wash your face and leave on for 15
minutes. Your skin should be clean and
free of makeup, lotion or toner. Your
skin should rest for about 15 minutes before proceeding because your skin may appear
pink when you scrub and it may be difficult to see your true undertone.
Find a source of natural light.
Different blisters can affect your skin
differently – they can turn your skin yellow or
green and interfere with the appearance of your complexion. Choosing a sunny location to find your undertone will prevent you from misjudging your undertone.
● Try sitting near a window.
● If you have outdoor seating, get out.
3. Check the vein color inside the
joint. If your veins are visible, this is a quick way to determine your
undertone. By holding the arms of the
up to natural light, the
determines the dominant color.
If you can’t tell if your veins are green or
blue, you may have a neutral complexion.
If you have an olive complexion
, you probably belong to category
If your veins are green, you have a warm complexion.
If your blood vessels are blue or purple, you have a cooler complexion.
4. Consider how your skin normally reacts to sunlight.
Do you tan easily? Are you burning or having
freckles? The amount of melanin in your skin determines how it reacts to sun exposure and can help determine your skin tone.
If you tan easily and rarely burn, you have more melanin and you may have a warm or neutral
If your skin is sunburned but not tanned, you have less melanin and therefore a fresher complexion
Some women with very dark ebony skin may not burn easily, but still have a cool complexion. Try other tests to discover your undertone.
5. Take a piece of white paper and stick it on your face. Discover the
mirror and try to see what your skin looks like on white paper.
It’s allowed Seems to have a yellow, blue-red, or pink cast or not, but gray
● If your skin is yellow or pale next to the white paper, you have a warm complexion
● If your skin is pink, pink, or blue-red, you have a cold complexion.
● If your skin is gray, you may have olive skin with a neutral
undertone. The combination of green and yellowish undertones of skin tones in
produces this effect.
 You can experiment with neutral and warm colors since you are
somewhere in between.
● If you cannot determine any percentage of yellow, olive, or pink, your skin tone is neutral.
Neutral looks great in foundations and colors at both ends of the
6. Find your
complexion with foil or jewelry.
Place a piece of gold leaf in front of your face so that it reflects
light towards your skin. Notice if it makes your face gray or
, or if it improves your skin. Then try using a sheet of aluminum foil. If the
gold leaf is best, it means you have a warm complexion.
● If the reflection of the silver leaf makes your skin glow
, then you have a fresh complexion.
● If you don’t see a difference (both silver and gold are flattering), then you probably have a neutral skin tone
● If you don’t have gold or silver leaf, try wearing gold and silver jewelry on your wrist,
to see which is more flattering.
7. Ask a friend to examine the skin behind your ear. If you have
acne, rosacea, or other conditions that may obscure your complexion,
you can ask a friend to examine the skin just behind your ear
because this area is less likely to be affected .
● Ask them to examine the skin at the fold
behind your ear.
● If your skin is sallow, you have a warm complexion.
● If your skin is pink or rosy, you have a cold complexion
● If he struggles, he may try to hold a white paper
against his skin. This should help them see if the
looks yellow or pink.
Look at the color of your eyes. Your eye color
can be the key to your undertone.
Lighter eyes, such as blue and light brown, usually indicate you have cool undertones, while
golden flecks usually indicate warm undertones.
● For example, ice blue eyes usually indicate that you have cold skin,
while honey brown eyes usually indicate that you have warm skin.
2) Choose your lipstick If you have a cool undertone, try a blue or purple lipstick. For example, the
selects blue-red, magenta, or purple-brown. Avoid oranges and colors that are too light because they will
drain your energy.
If you have fair or pale skin, pay particular attention to raspberry, mocha or nude shades.
If you have olive or brown skin, look for wine tones or cranberry undertones.
If you have darker or darker skin tones, look for metallic undertones of ruby red or deep burgundy.
2. If your complexion is warm, choose reds and oranges. Good choices include coral, peach
, and bright red.
If you have a fair or pale complexion, try a red with blue undertones (this will also make your teeth white),
coral, light pink or peachy nude.
● If you have a brown or medium complexion, choose cherry, pink, purple, coral or berry shades. Try
Tangerine, Orange, Copper or Bronze.
● If you have darker or darker skin tones, look for maroon, bronze, copper, purple,
caramel, plum or burgundy
3 lipsticks. If you have neutrals, play with colors.
If you have neutral undertones, most colors will look good on you
● Try wearing
a darker contrasting shade if you have fair skin,
coral if you have olive or brown skin, or bay if you have dark skin.
3) Choose a flattering blush
1 If you have a cool undertone, choose a pink shade. Pink will complement the pink, red and blue notes of
in cool skin to refresh your skin.
● If you have fair or pale skin, try pale pink.
● If you have a medium complexion, try hot pink.
● If you have darker or darker skin tone, try
● Tangerine The pink shade of
is also perfect for you.
2 If you have warm undertones
, choose an orange-based color.
Rich, warm colors like
, which are often worn in the fall, are great for glowing skin.
● If you have fair or fair skin, choose Pale Peach.  You can also try bronzer.
● If you have medium or brown skin, try
shades in apricot, purple, peach-orange, bronze or berry.
● If you have darker or darker skin tone, try brick, grape or orange.
Fuchsia can also look great on your skin.
3 Play with color if you have a neutral undertone. If you’re lucky enough to have
neutral undertones, any shade of blush will look great on your skin. Try several shades up to
to find your favorite.
● If you have fair skin, try pink shades.
● If you have a medium complexion, start with peach.
● If you have darker skin, choose a deep, rich color.
4) Choose eyeshadow
1 If your undertone is cool, look for colors that add warmth. If you’re too cold, you’ll see the
fade. Instead, add warmth to your features without creating too much contrast.
● If you have fair skin, try taupes, pinks and bright greens.
● If you have medium skin, try pink or peach. 
● If you have darker or darker skin, look for bright shades that match your
skin, such as jewel tones.
2 Complements your warm undertones with a rich hue. If you have warm undertones, they will bring
to life with deeper undertones to enrich your color palette.
If you have fair skin, choose earth tones and bronzers.
● If you have a medium complexion, try bronze, dark pink and peach.
● If you have darker or darker skin tone, look for rich purples, bright blues, emerald greens and
● If you have neutral undertones, try the whole palette. If you have
neutral undertones, go ahead and experiment because any color will look great on your skin tone.
● If you have fair skin, try jewel tones, earth tones and metallic tones.
● If you have medium skin tone, try bronze, earth, pink and peach
● If you have darker or darker skin tone, use dark jewel tones.
5) Put on your best clothes
1 If your undertones are warm, choose earth tones and dark undertones. People with warm
colors should try neutral colors such as beige, cream, orange coral, mustard, off-white,
yellow, orange, brown, warm red and chartreuse. 
● Incorporate gold and bronze tones into your look, especially when choosing jewelry.
2 If you have a cooler complexion, choose blue and light shades.
People with cool
colors can try blue-red, blue, purple, pink, green, lead, dark blue, magenta, and blue-green.
Look for shades of silver in your clothes and choose silver jewelry.
3 If you have a neutral undertone, try any color. If you have a neutral undertone, you can pull
from both groups. Most shades will smooth your skin.
● If your skin tone is neutral, you can wear any metallic color, including
, when choosing
jewelry 6) Choose your best hair color
1 Choose gold that contrasts with your skin tone. To make sure you don’t look washed out, choose a hair color that contrasts rather than your skin tone.
● If you have warm
undertones, choose a cool blonde like platinum or champagne.
● If you have cool undertones, choose warmer undertones like honey or butterscotch.
● Neutral undertone to match any shade.
2 Play with shades of brown. Brown hair can go with any skin tone and it’s easier to get the right shade.
● Warm tones work best with beige, especially with added highlights. Try
● Cool undertones complement rich browns.
Look for chocolate, mocha brown.
● If you have a darker complexion, look for a
brown that is darker or lighter than your skin tone, rather than a brown that is too similar. The warm tones of
look great with dark black or espresso, while the cooler tones will look more dramatic with
colors such as caramel or maple brown.
● A neutral shade that can rock any shade of brown.
3 Highlighted in shades of red.
The right shade of red will look great on any skin tone.
However, fair skin is more prone to red undertones.
● People with fair skin and warm or neutral tones
are best to wear light red, such as strawberry gold.
● Fair skin with red undertones is perfect with
Cool dark reds like true red or dark brown.
● Whether your complexion is light, medium,
or dark, the dark auburn shade
is also ideal for cool undertones.
● If you have olive undertones, it is best to avoid reds as
will make your skin look greenish.
Why is it important to know your skin tone?
Now that you have identified your skin color, here is what you can do with this knowledge
Choosing the Right
Clothing Once you know your skin color, you can start buying
clothing that will complement your skin color. The principle of dressing is to choose warm colors for warm colors and cold colors for cold colors. For example, in the green family, olive will brighten
Indian warm skin tones, while turquoise will suit women with
cool skin tones.
Choosing the right make-up
The same rules apply for the colors of foundation, eye shadow and
lipstick. Choose a warm color from the
color tree if you have a warm undertone, or a cool color if you have a cool
This allows your makeup to complement your natural skin tone.
For foundation, use the comparison table of skin tones to find the
foundation that suits you. Warm skin tone foundations can look like
cool undertones. Stick to a shade that matches your skin tone.
Choose the right hair color
Choose the right hair color from the color chart
The rule is reversed.
Warm skins should choose cool colors and cold skins should wear warm colors. Chapter
What Experience Do I Have?
You can only have one base color – warm, cool or neutral. To find out your skin tone, simply take the
4-Level Skin Tone Test to find out: check the color of the blood vessels in your wrist; see your average
skin tone in a sunny room; see if gold and silver jewelry suits your skin better; Finally, see if the
works best for you with warm colors like red, yellow, and orange, or cooler colors like blue, green, and purple.
Is olive complexion cold or warm?
Olive skin has a mixture of golden and yellow undertones, but with a “cooling” warm gray. So,
Contrary to popular belief, olive is not a neutral skin tone. People would classify them as having cool undertones.
How do I find a foundation suited to my complexion?
Choose the shade of foundation closest to your skin tone and apply a sample to your cheeks.
Choose Foundation shade
one shade lighter than your natural skin tone. You want a shade that not only evens out your
skin tone, but also brightens your overall appearance. All foundation shades are clearly marked for warm skin and
for cool skin.